23 Jan Susan G. Komen San Diego’s Circle of Promise Hosts Fashion Show & Breast Health Luncheon in Honor of Breast Cancer Survivors
Thank you to those who were able to join us! Check out our Facebook Photo Album, click here.
Susan G. Komen San Diego’s Circle of Promise Presents
MANY SHADES OF PINK
A Fashion Show Honoring Breast Cancer Survivors
Saturday, February 24th
10:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
AMN Healthcare | 12400 High Bluff Dr.
Susan G. Komen San Diego’s Circle of Promise — an initiative educating African American women on the importance of making regular breast cancer screenings a priority and working to end breast cancer disparities to achieve health equity — will host a fashion show and breast health educational luncheon in partnership with Vista Community Clinic.
EVENT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Fashion show highlighting breast cancer survivors. Survivors will be wearing individually inspired ensembles from local designers and stylists, who have donated their time and resources, including Fashion Stylist Kotton Candy & Company, and Designer Tanya Jenkins, owner of Nea Eshe.
- Stevie Flowers as Emcee
- Suzanne Afflalo, M.D. will discuss “A Perfect Storm” — breast health and how breast cancer affects African American women
- Wendy Shurelds, Community Resource Advocate will debunk the myths that plague the African American Community
- Fitness Trainer Debra Gibson-Portee will discuss health and fitness
- Harpist Mariea Antoinette and Local Musician Ken Turner will be performing
- Lunch will be provided to all attendees
For more information please contact Wendy Shurelds at Wendy@sdkomen.org.
SUZANNE AFFLALO, M.D.
STEVIE FLOWERS, EMCEE
AUTHOR, BEE STINGS, BUMBLE BEES & BUTTERFLIES
WENDY SHURELDS, COMMUNITY RESOURCE ADVOCATE,
SUSAN G. KOMEN SAN DIEGO’S CIRCLE OF PROMISE
KOTTON CANDY & CO.