22 Apr Susan G. Komen® Urges Congress to Include Vital Policies for Breast Cancer Community in Upcoming COVID-19 Relief Bill
Susan G. Komen® submitted a letter to congressional leaders on Monday, April 14 urging Congress to include vital policies for the breast cancer community in the upcoming COVID-19 relief bill.
These policies include:
- Implementing chemotherapy parity.
- Declaring clinical trials for treatments for life-threatening conditions to be essential.
- Opening Healthcare.gov enrollment.
- Addressing surprise medical billing.
- Ensuring non-profit sustainability.
Breast cancer patients are at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19, and they deserve to have the resources, protections, and treatment they need during this pandemic.
To read the full letter to Congress, click here.
Access Komen San Diego’s list of resources available to San Diegans during this difficult time here.