20 Aug 6 Reasons Why You Should Row for the Cure on Oct. 13th
Row for the Cure is back and better than ever for its 18th year! Here’s six reasons you should join the wave of Komen supporters as they make their way through the San Diego Bay.
1. We’ve got a prime location in the beautiful Mission Bay
2. You don’t need to be a professional water sport guru or own a board!
- We’ve got TWO COURSES—a COMPETITIVE course for rowing, canoeing, dragon boats, surf skis, kayaks, SUP AND a new BEGINNER course for SUP participants only.
- ONSITE SUP RENTALS will be available—is not having your own equipment preventing you from participating?
Don’t worry! This year we partnered with San Diego’s leading SUP Company: The SUP Connection and West Coast Paddle Sports to bring SUP rentals to our event. As our Tidal Sponsors, they are offering onsite rentals for only $5.00!
3. Win cool prizes when you fundraise
Fundraising for the event is not required, but encouraged! Every stroke we row and every dollar we donate – is another life saved. If you’re a top fundraiser, you’re eligible for one of these great prizes:
- A PINK SUP
- Disneyland Tickets
- One Night Stay at the Sycuan Casino and Golf Resort
- One Night Stay at the Omni Hotel in San Diego
- Gorjana Jewelry Layering Set & $150 Gift Card
4. Be a part of the costume contest
ALL costumes are encouraged! Come out and show us your best outfit – and it doesn’t have to be pink. There will be prizes for the best dressed!
5. Local shops support the cause
On event day from 7am-12pm be sure to stop by the Event Expo on Race Day to check out one-of-a-kind merchandise, awesome vendors, snap a few photos and participate in the opportunity drawing.
6. Most important of all – You help save lives.
All entry fees and donations benefit Susan G. Komen San Diego. Komen san Diego’s work is about improving the law, changing systems, removing barriers and most importantly, elevating the women and men directly impacted by breast cancer. Komen San Diego provides free mammograms, biopsies, ultrasounds, care coordination, education and financial assistance for breast cancer patients’ most critical needs during treatment.
Hurry—don’t wait to register. Row for the Cure will be here before you know it. Register today to make a difference tomorrow!