Position Overview & Basic Function:
The Digital Communications Intern will assist the Affiliate with social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogging, website posting and other digital media.
- Research and create content for social media posts, including breast health/breast cancer awareness, education and news items
- Clarify objectives and track progress of social media growth
- Schedule out social media postings for upcoming months
- Research and report on new social media trends and services
- Write new content for Komen San Diego Facebook, Twitter and other accounts to promote Komen’s programs and drive website traffic
- Work with staff and social media virtual volunteers on training and social media updates
Required Skills & Education:
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills
- Passionate about social media
- Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Web and/or graphic design experience preferred
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
- Ability to lift / carry 15 pounds; capable of standing for one hour or more.
- Position will need to use their personal computer
- Opportunity to gain insight into the not-for-profit sector
- “Hands-on” environment with individuals who respond to critical community issues
- Develop above-entry-level skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Anne-Michelle Eddy Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the intern job title and your first and last name in the subject of the email.